Come join our team!
Since opening our doors in 1994, Kendall Construction has been trusted as an honest and reputable commercial general contractor in the Topeka and surrounding region. Our team has built a strong tradition of excellence, transparency, and integrity across a wide range of industries. We have experienced steady growth over the past 5 years and are looking to add to our team of superintendents.
We seeking an experienced construction superintendent who is preferably familiar with the Topeka market. Our superintendents are self motivated driven individuals who are responsible for the success of the field side of the project planning and implementation. The superintendent will work closely with the project manager to develop and maintain the project schedule, budget, change orders and quality control procedures. As a construction superintendent, you should have a good working knowledge of construction methods, materials and equipment. Kendall Construction takes great pride in being able to self-perform a wide range of scopes on our projects so the candidate should be capable of managing internal employees as well as external sub-contractors and suppliers.
· Maintain and document daily field reports, two week look-aheads and safety reports in accordance with company standards
· Develop an intimate understanding of the project drawings, specifications and site conditions
· Oversee internal and external construction crews throughout the duration of the project.
· Track the project schedule and communicate progress to stakeholders (PM’s & ownership) and ensure, in conjunction with the project manger that the project is completed within time and budget constraints.
· Identify opportunities to accelerate the project schedule where possible
· Act as the liaise with other companies (e.g. subcontractors, suppliers etc.) who are providing materials and services to ensure project is completed on time and in line with budget.
· Ensure that workers have proper training and personal protective equipment
· With the assistance of the Project Manger, ensure that the owner’s needs are met or exceeded at all times throughout the project to ensure the the relationships are continually developed.
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Topeka, KS 66618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location